Send To mail

huff huffylinux at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 17:27:59 CEST 2011

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 09:18:18 +0200 Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 18.10.2011, 17:24 -0700 schrieb huff:

> > Is there anyway to send files on the desktop to mail without
> > going to the mail program and attaching it from there?

> Works fine here on Fedora

Do you have a Send To option when you right click a file that is on
the Desktop itself?

On the desktop, I don't get a "Send To" at all.

Alternatively, a custom action from the desktop would be a good
workaround.  But the desktop doesn't have those.  I thought the
desktop was a special case of Thunar, but it seems to lack some of
the features.

The packages are :
Xubuntu 11.10
XFCE 4.8
Thunar is 1.2.3

The link I set up fixed the bug mentioned here for Send To -> mail from a Thunar window, which is different:

Part of the problem searching is that "Desktop" shows up on almost
every page, so I can't narrow the search down!  :)

Thanks for the help,
huff