Workaround for using terminal profiles

Andrew Spiers 7andrew at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 08:44:54 CEST 2011

Hi, first things first, a huge thanks to the xfce developers!

I've been trying to figure out a way to use different font colors for different
terminal windows. The reason for this is to have a visual reminder of which mach
ine I am connected to.

I was wondering if it could be done by taking a copy of my .config directory and
 then making a bash script with lines something like the following:
        XDG_CONFIG_HOME=$HOME/.altconfig/green/
        xfce4-terminal

The idea being that the instance of xfce4-terminal would use .altconfig/green as
 the place to look for all its config files, including writing changes to them.

So far this hasn't worked, changing the colour in the spawned window changes it
for all terminal windows. Does anyone have any idea why this is failing or what
I could try?