What changed after Gnome 3?

Tyler Durden tylerdu at bounced.me
Tue Oct 18 20:56:37 CEST 2011

On 10/18/11 20:01, Gabe Ginorio wrote:
> I switched to XFCE after finding the Unity desktop unusable,
>
> I know even Linus has switched to XFCE (read in on Google+), so that's a
> big plus in our category. Apparently, even he finds Gnome3 an impossible
> development environment.

I used Gnome (1, 2) for more than a decade! This weekend (*) I switched
to XFCE and I can't believe how productive and beautiful it is. But
lightweight at the same time, just the way I like it.

I spent better part of the weekend hunting and deleting about 500
packages from my system, mostly countless gnome libraries I won't be
needing anymore. \o/

Thanks for the XFCE and keep up the good work! I'm pretty sure it's
going to tremendously gain in popularity in the following months.
--
Tyler

(*) Gnome 3 entered Debian sid/unstable and all hell broke loose :(