"XFCE looks like where I’m landing"

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Mon Oct 17 20:17:24 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 07:17:36PM +0200, Stephan Arts wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 6:47 PM, David Rosenstrauch <darose at darose.net> wrote:
> > We seem to be hearing that more and more lately.  Here's yet another example
> > of this that I found today via hacker news.  And from Eric Raymond, no less!
> >
> > http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=3822
> >
> > DR
>
> YAAAAY!!! More bugreports!!!
>
> Srsly. that is a good thing :-)

And hopefully some more developers (Sorry, not me.) as there are some
things that need to be done.

One of the things I miss in XFCE that I had in Windowmaker was the ease of
handeling individual window programs. Right click and it was all there.
Now I need to use Devildpie to get what I want.

Another thing would be easily editing menu's. Using plain text instead of
XML would help a lot.

I would like to have something like wmbiff for xfce. Unfortunatly I am
unable to make this myself, so I have 4 of them running to see my 20
mailboxes at the same time. That way I am able to see what kind of mail I
get and decide if I want to read it or keep it for later.

All in all a thank you to the XFCE developers and please keep it as a
desktop and not a Fisherprice My-First-Desktop kind of thing.

houghi
--

You are standing at the end of a road before a small brick building.
Around you is a forest.  A small stream flows out of the building and