Unmounting DVD/CDROM

Jarmo Hurri jarmo.hurri at syk.fi
Tue Oct 4 19:44:40 CEST 2011

Greetings.

In short: how does one unmount a DVD/CDROM as a regular user in XFCE
without ejecting the disk?

The long story: I burn my backups on optical media. After an iso
filesystem has been created on the disk (when the first backup has been
burned on the disk), when I insert the disk into the drive, XFCE
automatically mounts the disk. Additional backups can't be burned on the
disk when it is mounted. Right-clicking on the icon only gives the
possibility to eject the disk. From the command line it is possible to
unmount using gvfs-mount -u , but this asks for root password, which is
an overkill for the task. So what's the correct way to unmount as a
regular user?

---
Jarmo Hurri