Default theme (panel)

Andrzej ndrwrdck at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 30 14:02:26 CET 2011

On 30/11/2011 21:21, Harald Judt wrote:

> Personally, I think the panel in its default configuration looks good
> the way it is. Additionally, I think the panel should not draw the
> user's attention, but rather not waste space and get out of the way.
[...]
> I'm quite eager to try out your new deskbar
> panel mode when it's ready and I find some time.

Harald, I'd be _very_ interested in hearing your opinion on my panel
tweaks. This is precisely the time to figure out what features we want
and what user experience we target. So, if you feel brave enough (just
make sure you have a back-up of your 4.8 config), your help would be
most welcome.

I'm a bit worried about that "getting out of the way" part. While I
fully agree with it, the new panel is necessarily a bit "heavier" in the
deskbar mode (if only because it can now present more information to the
user).

Thanks,

Andrzej