xfdesktop in a cron job

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Fri Nov 25 01:19:56 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 12:58:07AM +0100, Tyler Durden wrote:
> - is your display really :0.0 or maybe something else?

Yes. As well as :0.1 and :0.2 and those are tested as well, although that
would not make a difference. Also tried :0 without the .x

> - are you running cron and xfce from the same user?

Yes.

> I've now put the second line (with env) in my cron to test it for
> you and I'm not getting any errors from it, so it should work.
> Doublecheck everything.

I think I have. The weird thing is that it worked with 11.4.

houghi
--
Theologians can pursuade themselves of anything. Anyone who can worship
a trinity and insists that his religion is a monotheism can believe