xfce4-weather-plugin stopped working with "Invalid License Key"

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Mon Nov 7 22:52:47 CET 2011

On 11/04/2011 06:15 PM, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On ven., 2011-11-04 at 23:05 +0100, Christof Meerwald wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> just noticed that the xfce4-weather-plugin stopped working for me - in
>> the HTTP response I can see "Invalid License Key"...
>>

> See http://mail.xfce.org/pipermail/goodies-dev/2011-October/003139.html

FYI, I use a widget on my Android phone (Fancy Widget) which displays
weather info.  The widget comes in a free version and a paid one; it
says its source for data is Google (for the free version) and WeatherBug
and AccuWeather (for the paid one).  I use the free version, and have
found the Google data source to be satisfactory for my needs, but
there's a discussion on the widget's FAQ page stating that the other 2
sources are more reliable.  (He says that Google sometimes fails to
update for a few hours.)

Perhaps we the plugin might be able to switch to use one of these sources?

HTH,

DR