Lightweight display manager for xfce?

Auke Kok auke at foo-projects.org
Sat May 28 06:39:15 CEST 2011

On 05/27/2011 12:44 AM, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On ven., 2011-05-27 at 11:25 +0500, Ozan Türkyılmaz wrote:
>>>
>>> Any solution outside of uxlaunch itself is doomed to fail. I already try
>>> the correct Debian way and it doesn't work.
>>>

>> Then run xinitrc in uxlaunch
>
> I'll say it once again: it doesn't work.

yes, uxlaunch is meant for systems where xinitrc and xsession.d is
*gone* from the integration of the desktop session.

It's another discussion, but, when you go and redesign the desktop
session, it's out of this decade to lean on shell scripts - hence we
deliberately do not support any of it in uxlaunch.

Auke