Lightweight display manager for xfce?

appzer0 appzer0 at free.fr
Thu May 26 14:07:49 CEST 2011

Le 26/05/2011 13:15, Harold Aling a écrit :
> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 13:03, Clemens Eisserer<linuxhippy at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> The only thing left which bothers me is GDM, it takes as long as xfce
>> to start if not longer and seems to pull a lot of dependencies.
>> Is there a lightweight display manager where xfce's shutdown/reboot
>> buttons work?
I personally use XDM (Xorg's login manager), kind of "rudimentary" but
highly customizable.
I used slim by the past but I wasn't happy with it because of memory
leaks and other serious problems.

xdm is my personal distro's default login manager for a long time now
and it is simply perfect (but visually ugly by default, I admit it).

appzer0