Printer configuration

Al Bogner xfce at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc
Mon Mar 21 00:21:39 CET 2011

Am So, 20 Mär 2011 23:25:24 CET schrieb Mathias Brodala:

Hi,

> Al Bogner, 20.03.2011 21:35:
> > Maybe it is not XFCE related, but at least there are few entries in
> > the XFCE menu for the printer. Can everything be setup for a
> > printer with the XFCE menu and Xubuntu or are there other things
> > necessary outside of XFCE?
>
> The package "system-config-printer" on Debian gives you a wonderful
> configuration interface for pretty much everything you could ask for,
> assuming you are using CUPS as printing system.

Thank you for mentioning this,

I have already installed:

ii  system-config-printer-common
1.2.3+20100723-0ubuntu8.1                         Printer configuration
GUI

ii  system-config-printer-gnome
1.2.3+20100723-0ubuntu8.1                         Printer configuration
GUI

ii  system-config-printer-udev
1.2.3+20100723-0ubuntu8.1                         Printer
auto-configuration facility based on udev

If I use a shell I can find with tab-extension:

system-config-printer
system-config-printer-applet

Oh I see, this is the same as it is under "System - Drucken" (System -
Printing), which I mentioned in my other post.

I didn't find out, how to define a printer driver with
system-config-printer

Al