Network Manager or equivalent - where should I be able to find it?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Sun Mar 20 16:44:11 CET 2011

I have just uograded from xubuntu 10.04 to xubuntu 10.10, thus I am now
running xfce 4.6.2.

I can't find any sort of Network Manager applet or way to view my
Network settings.  It *may* be that because of the slightly odd route I
took to get to xubuntu it never got installed.  Anyway, either I need to
install something or I need to make an applet appear somewhere, can
anyone tell me what I need (or where I need to look) to be able to see
(and hopefully reconfigure) my network settings?

--
Chris Green