Dual monitor virtual screen switch problem

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jun 7 22:37:18 CEST 2011

I have a new PC with Ubuntu 10.04 (xfce 4.6.1) and 2 monitors.
Xfce pager is configured with 4 virtual screens.

I arrange the displays with:

xrandr --output DVI-I-1 --auto --right-of DVI-I-2

First, everything looks ok: the monitors have correct resolution and I can
move the mouse cursor between the monitors.

But when I switch the virtual screens (pager) it is done on both monitors!
How can I switch the virtual screen on only one monitor?
For example:
Monitor 1: screen 1
Monitor 2: screen 3

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server- und Arbeitsplatzsysteme
Rechenzentrum                  E-Mail: horlacher at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Universitaet Stuttgart         Tel:    ++49-711-685-65868
Allmandring 30                 Fax:    ++49-711-682357
70550 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/