konsole bookmarks and Rodent

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Tue Jul 5 21:42:19 CEST 2011

El 03/07/11 05:00, xfce-request at xfce.org escribió:
> I use the konsole window for most of my work, and that has
> a bookmark feature. Here is the sequence:
> 1. Open konsole window from kicker bar
> 2. Select bookmark for work directory
> 3. Call the program needed from the command line.
>
> There are some KDE programs that IMO are superior to their
> XFCE equivalents, and konsole is one of them.

Sounds interesting. The interesting part is that the konsole bookmark
allows you to open an arbitrary program at a selected bookmarked directory.

Currently I am finishing the "dotdesktop" plugin for Rodent, which
allows you to navigate through categories of installed applications and
launch them (either with doubleclick or drag and drop). Dotdesktop files
are also known as "launchers" in Nautilus and allow the construction and
automatic updates of the program launcher menus.

Since Rodent plugins may override filemanager behaviour, I have to give
it some thought so that:
 1- Functionality is greater than that provided by konsole
 2- The concept is easy to grasp, apply and remember

--

cheers!

Edscott