browsing windows network

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Thu Jan 27 21:42:22 CET 2011

Am Thu, 27 Jan 2011 08:38:02 -0500 schrieb Roger Durañona Vargas:

> El 27/01/11 07:41, Christian Dywan escribió:
> > Am Thu, 27 Jan 2011 07:14:19 -0500 schrieb Roger Durañona Vargas:
> >
> >> Is there any changes to the status of network browsing with recent
> >> thunar release or should I continue using fusesmb as before?
> >
> > You can browse Windows shares with the latest Thunar if you have
> > gvfs (gvfs-smb).
> >
> I have gvfs and recompiled it with smb flag. But, how do I configure
> it, and also make thunar to use it? All I can find is how to mount
> shares manually with gvfs (and it is not working anyway).

If installed correctly, it should show a Network shortcut in the left pane. You can also try Go → Location and type smb:// or network:// and you should see shares and folders.

Samba is by nature not reliable, though, so it's possible that a computer doesn't show up temporarily. I recommend also checking "gigolo" and see if it recognises the shares.

--
ciao,
    Christian