ANNOUNCE: xfce4-cpufreq-plugin 1.0.0 released

Robert Holmes grumpywolfe at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 05:02:52 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 4:04 AM, Florian Rivoal <frivoal at gmail.com> wrote:

> xfce4-cpufreq-plugin 1.0.0 is now available for download from
>

> http://archive.xfce.org/src/panel-plugins/xfce4-cpufreq-plugin/1.0/xfce4-cpufreq-plugin-1.0.0.tar.bz2
>
> http://archive.xfce.org/src/panel-plugins/xfce4-cpufreq-plugin/1.0/xfce4-cpufreq-plugin-1.0.0.tar.bz2.md5
>
> http://archive.xfce.org/src/panel-plugins/xfce4-cpufreq-plugin/1.0/xfce4-cpufreq-plugin-1.0.0.tar.bz2.sha1
>
>  SHA1 checksum: ff3695669b32b5b348f8a049222e960b2cf6e87f
>   MD5 checksum: 24cae9b8583cae82b715b4f72aa8e341
>

> What is xfce4-cpufreq-plugin?
> =============================
>
> The CpuFreq Plugin shows in the Xfce Panel the following, chooseable
> informations:
> current CPU frequency
> current used governor
>
> In a seperate dialog it provides you following informations of all
> available informations:
> all available CPU frequencies
> all available governors
> used driver for the cpu
>
> Website:
>  http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel-plugins/xfce4-cpufreq-plugin
>

> Release notes for 1.0.0
> =======================
>
> This release of xfce4-cpufreq-plugin addresses an number of issues,
> including, most visibly, compatibility with xfce 4.8
>
> Summary Changelog:
>
>  * Fix support for xfce 4.8, fixing bug #6448
>  * Linux 2.4 support
>  * Translated in 33 languages
>  * Make the plugin fully translatable, fixing bug #7016
>  * Use ngettext for translatable strings with plurals
>  * Rename cpu.png to xfce4-cpufreq-plugin
>  * Adapt text to the panel's size and orientation
>  * Use g_timeout_add_seconds for less wake-ups, fixing bug #5180
>  * Warn once (and only once) about the lack of cpufreq support
>  * Fix icon size in the panel
>  * Remove the scalable icon, since it isn't real, fixing bug #2458
>  * Use the right icon for the configuration dialog, fixing bug #6448
>  * Various small bug fixes
>  * Code clean up
>  * Build fixes
>  * Update the documentation
>

> List of contributions:
>
> A S  Alam (1):
>      l10n: Punjabi Translation Added
>
> Alexander Toresson (1):
>      xfce4-taskmanager/trunk/po:       * sv.po, LINGUAS: Swedish
> translation added (Daniel Nylander)     xfce4-time-out-plugin/trunk/po:
>        * sv.po, LINGUAS: Swedish translation added (Daniel Nylander)
> xfce4-wavelan-plugin/trunk/po:          * sv.po, LINGUAS: Swedish
> translation added (Daniel Nylander)     xfce4-radio-plugin/trunk/po:
>        * sv.po, LINGUAS: Swedish translation added (Daniel Nylander)
> xfce4-datetime-plugin/trunk/po:         * sv.po, LINGUAS: Swedish
> translation added (Daniel Nylander)     xfce4-cpufreq-plugin/trunk/po:
>        * sv.po, LINGUAS: Swedish translation added (Daniel Nylander)
> xfburn/trunk/po:        * sv.po: Swedish translation update (Daniel
> Nylander)     xfce4-xkb-plugin/trunk/po:        * sv.po, LINGUAS: Swedish
> [...]

I just tried to compile this panel plugin and got this error:

checking for libxfcegui4-1.0 >= 4.3.90... not found

It is installed and the pc file is in /usr/lib/pkgconfig

--
Live and let live

MyWolfe at Sourceforge <https://sourceforge.net/projects/mywolfe/>

MyWolfe blogspot <http://mywolfe.blogspot.com/>