Upgraded to 4.8, now auto-hide doesn't work on panels.

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 16:12:22 CET 2011

On 2011-01-18, Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 12:40 AM, Grant Edwards
><grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>> XFCE got upgraded to 4.8 on my Gentoo system, and now the panel
>> auto-hide longer works.
>>
>> On two of my three screens, moving the cursor to the top of the
>> screen does nothing (it used to make a panel appear). On the third
>> screen, moving the cusor to the top makes panels appear on all threee
>> screens.
>>
>> Then, after moving the mouse out of the panel it only auto-hides on
>> one of them.

After restarting XFCE, panels no longer work at all, the panel app
just crashes on startup.  My guess is that multi-screen support in 4.8
is seriously broken.

In an unrelated story, 4.8 also mucked up my desktop menu layout. For
some reason it refuses to put two of the entries where I tell it to. :/

I think it's time to roll back to an older version and wait for 8.1

>> How do I get auto-hide to work again?
>
> Could you file a bug at bugzilla.xfce.org please.

I suppose. First I've got to figure out how to go back to an older
version of XFCE so that I can get some work done. The last time I
tried to report that an upgrade broke something, I was basically told
"stop whinging, this the way it works now."

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I guess it was all a
                                  at               DREAM ... or an episode of