ANNOUNCE: xfce4-battery-plugin 1.0.0 released

Florian Rivoal frivoal at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 10:41:07 CET 2011

>>> Hi Florian,
>>>
>>> thanks for the release!
>>>
>>> Just a minor note: Since xfce4-panel 4.7.7 desktop files should go into
>>> $(datadir)/xfce4/panel/plugins rather than
>>> $(datadir)/xfce4/panel-plugins

Thanks for the information. I didn't know that. But...

> If you want to have the plugin work with 4.6 too, just stick to
> $(datadir)/xfce4/panel-plugins. $(datadir)/xfce4/panel-plugins will be
> removed when I drop the 46 external plugins, so that will most likely
> take a while.

I do want the plugins to work on both 4.6 and 4.8 at the moment, as I
don't have quite enough bandwidth to get everything to make the full
transition simultaneously with the 4.8 release.

Once everything runs on 4.8, I'll look into moving away from all the
deprecated things, but that won't happen overnight.

While we're at it, is there a full documentation somewhere on what are all
the differences between 4.6 plugins and 4.8 plugins?

I know about some of the points, but I am sure I missed some parts.

  - Florian