Notification settings

Sergio Mira shbm95 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 08:55:21 CET 2011

Hey, guys! Everything ok?

I'm using XFCE 4.4 as default graphical environment on my Slackware 13.1.

Well, about a week ago, I read that xfce4-notifyd-0.2.0 had been released.
I wanted to install it, because of its functions, like volume control in
progress bars.

I installed some packages and, among them, I installed
notification-daemon-xfce, but this last conflicted with notification-daemon.
So I want to uninstall notification-daemon-xfce, but I could not find it in
the PKGTOOL's list of packages.
Then, I removed everything about "notification-daemon-xfce" that I found in
the system files.

But this is all (I did) a mess!

Now, situation is complicated...

In the XFCE configurations menu, I have two Notifications settings... One is
called "XFCE 4 Notifications Settings" (this is the newer) and the another -
the original - "Notifications". Both options are working! But in the
original, I can't preview the configurations... When I try, I get this
following msg:

*Notification preview failed
"Notification preview" failed to run issue process (File or folder not
found)
*
What I want is to return to the original, like when I installed the system.

Sorry for bad english and thank you!

--
Regards,
|| ------
|| Sergio Henrique Bento de Mira
|| Computer Science | Class of 2008/2
|| Federal University Of Lavras | UFLA
|| Lavras, MG, Brasil
|| ---
|| shbm95 at comp.ufla.br
|| Cell: (+55) (35) 8822-8887
|| ------
"Be the change you want to see in the world"