[OT] Re: App-Armor profile for Skype with XFCE

Al Bogner xfce at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc
Thu Feb 24 16:36:18 CET 2011

Am Do, 24 Feb 2011 08:01:55 CET schrieb Duke Normandin:

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2011, Al Bogner wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > If you can explain me how to use SIP with TCP please send me a pm.
> > My problem is, that my mobile internet access works with SIP and
> > UDP only in 1 direction because I have a private IP from my
> > provider and cannot setup a forwarding at the firewall of the ISP
> > of course. Skype works in both directions, because it uses TCP, I
> > am told.
>

> Please read this before you do anything else.
>
> http://freedom-blog.net/tag/skype/

Thanks a lot for this link! I didn't think, that it so bad. I will do
the difficult way and use a iax-client to my web.server and setup an
asterisk there. Skype would have been the workaround in very rare
situations, 99% I use a sip-phone. I learned too, that linphone could
work while ekiga doesn't. Unfortunately sflphone is broken at the
moment with Opensuse.

Al