Gmixer in panel (looks different)

Al Bogner xfce at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc
Thu Feb 24 16:16:52 CET 2011

Am Do, 24 Feb 2011 15:46:35 CET schrieb Yves-Alexis Perez:

> On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 10:44 -0300, John Coppens wrote:
> > Lacking a version of xfce-mixer marked for version 4.8, I installed
> > the generic-slider panel plugin. It is _very_ simple to use, as you
> > can set the volume the panel itself.
>
> What's the problem with xfce4-mixer?

There is no problem. It is a question of the usage.

It will take a few hours until I can test "gmixer -d". Maybe it does
what I want.

I don't want that the mixer opens in a new window with a lot of
possibilities. I want to change the volume only, which works fine on 1
machine and I want this with other machines.

To explain again. Look at this image: http://pinguin.uni.cc/gmixer.gif
After I click on the loudspeaker-symbol the "ruler" opens, I adjust the
volume level and after I have clicked on another window, the ruler is
closed automatically.

Al