App-Armor profile for Skype with XFCE

Al Bogner xfce at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc
Thu Feb 24 13:06:43 CET 2011

Am Do, 24 Feb 2011 11:50:29 CET schrieb Christoph Wickert:

> Am Donnerstag, den 24.02.2011, 00:04 +0100 schrieb Al Bogner:

> > > I don't think skype nor apparmor has anything to do with Xfce.
> >
> > I don't know, but I don't think so:
> >
> > Look at this e.g.:
> >

> >   /etc/kde4/share/config/kdebugrc r,
> >   /etc/kde4rc r,
> >
> >   owner /var/tmp/kdecache-*/icon-cache.kcache mrw,
> >   owner /var/tmp/kdecache-*/kpc/kde-icon-cache.data mrw,
> >   owner /var/tmp/kdecache-*/kpc/kde-icon-cache.index mrw,
> >
> > These are entries for KDE, so I think there is something similar
> > which should be configured for XFCE.
>
> You mean for Skype. What part of Xfce gets blocked by app-amor?

I don't think, that Skype blocks, something, but:

http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Skype
Privacy and security
A lot of people do not want to run Skype because it tries to collect
data from your system which it shouldn't do. It tries to read your
Firefox profile for whatever reason (said to be because of
autodetecting proxy settings but could be more).

To avoid such things you can use AppArmor to protect your system.

Al