Issues found w.r.t Power Manager

Zenwalker shailesh.zenwalk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 14:58:42 CET 2011

Are you running Zenwalk 6.4? Coz i just want to know if its the distro
problem?

Did you as well try to reproduce the same on 4.8??

Sorry, i didnt understand or i didnt get the expected answer to the 3rd
observation.

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org>wrote:

> On mer., 2011-02-23 at 16:24 +0530, Zenwalker wrote:
> > I did observe the following stuffs on XFCE 4.6.1 on Zenwalk 6.4 over
> > my production laptop Dell Vostro 3500. Could any body kindly re-check
> > these stuffs if reproducible on XFCE 4.8.
> >
> > 1. Upon suspending the laptop and back on, the Power manager wont be
> > running at all. Have to manually start over.
>
> Not reproducible on 4.6
>
> > 2. If Power manager has been configured to put off the display after X
> > seconds/minutes, it does so for some number of times, but later fails
> > to do so. Have to quite the power manager from system tray and start
> > again.
>
> Not reproducible on 4.6.
>
> > 3. If XFLOCK4 command is run (or via menu button) to lock the screen,
> > and when screen is unlocked. The power manager no more works as its
> > indented too. Means, it doesnt put off the display as per its
> > configured.
>
> Xflock4 is just a wrapper, it'd be nice t ok know what is really run.
> Note that xscreensaver will happily override (break) any DPMS settings
> you might set in xfpm.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Yves-Alexis

“Live your life honestly—if you don’t, you always have
to remember to not be yourself”

"Ever tried Zen Computing?"
visit: www.zenwalk.org