Issues found w.r.t Power Manager

Zenwalker shailesh.zenwalk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 11:54:08 CET 2011

Hey Guys,

I did observe the following stuffs on XFCE 4.6.1 on Zenwalk 6.4 over my
production laptop Dell Vostro 3500. Could any body kindly re-check these
stuffs if reproducible on XFCE 4.8.

1. Upon suspending the laptop and back on, the Power manager wont be running
at all. Have to manually start over.
2. If Power manager has been configured to put off the display after X
seconds/minutes, it does so for some number of times, but later fails to do
so. Have to quite the power manager from system tray and start again.
3. If XFLOCK4 command is run (or via menu button) to lock the screen, and
when screen is unlocked. The power manager no more works as its indented
too. Means, it doesnt put off the display as per its configured.

Off the topic:
How to make XFLOCK4 command not only locks the screen, but put off the
display as well!

P.S: Sorry i cant install 4.8 here to test these. It would be great if any
of you can let me know if these are bugs still reside or not really a bug.
--
“Live your life honestly—if you don’t, you always have

"Ever tried Zen Computing?"
visit: www.zenwalk.org