ANNOUNCE: xfce4-power-manager 1.0.10 released

Ali Abdallah aliov at xfce.org
Mon Feb 21 22:18:46 CET 2011

On 02/21/2011 08:33 PM, Mathias Brodala wrote:

> Hi.
Hello,

> Ali Abdallah, 20.02.2011 14:34:
>> xfce4-power-manager 1.0.10 is now available […] and it provides the
>> inhibit interface which allows applications to prevent automatic sleep
>> actions via the power manager;
> What interface exactly does it provide? I am asking to find out if there
> is a general interface various applications can implement or if one has
> to try each and every one of them.

Actually i should update this information, currently xfpm provides an
dbus inhibit interface which was part of
org.freedesktop.PowerManagement which unfortunately did not end up in
being standardized, the interface is present
under org.freedesktop.PowerManagement.Inhibit, but i don't recommend to
use it.

There is quite some applications that still use this inhibit interface,
but it is removed from from gpm and i think from kpowerdevil as well, so
i'm going to remove it also from the code soon maybe.

> Regards, Mathias
Ali