Thunar operations slow after 4.8 upgrade

Michael Orlitzky michael at orlitzky.com
Sun Feb 20 16:43:00 CET 2011

I recently updated all three of my desktop machines to XFCE 4.8 from 4.6
(Gentoo stable, so Thunar is at 1.2.0).

Everything went pretty much according to plan except that now all file
operations in Thunar take about a second to complete. For example, if I
hit the delete key with a file selected, I can expect to wait a second
before it gets deleted. In whatever-Thunar-I-had-with-4.6 these
operations were instantaneous.

Did I screw something up during the upgrade, or is this expected/known?