locking screen on suspend

Ali Abdallah aliov at xfce.org
Sun Feb 20 16:19:28 CET 2011

 From a script you can do the following:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.UPower
/org/freedesktop/UPower org.freedesktop.UPower.*

Replace * with Hibernate or Suspend; so before doing the above command
you can lock your screen then call it.

On thing also important to do before suspend/hibernating is:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.sleep

Regards,
Ali