ANNOUNCE: thunar 1.3.0 released

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Mon Feb 14 16:42:32 CET 2011

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 16:37:52 +0100
kenneth marken <kemarken at broadpark.no> wrote:

> On 02/14/2011 04:25 PM, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 16:19:37 +0100
> > kenneth marken<kemarken at broadpark.no>  wrote:

> >> On that note, why is 1.2.1 not in the xfce/4.8/src dir?
> >
> > Because there are only 4.8 pre-releases and the 4.8 final release
> > bundled like this. All stable releases of individual components are
> > located in the individual source trees, in this case this would be
> >
> > http://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/thunar/1.2/
> >
> So only when 4.8.1 gets released there will be a dir with the updates
> to the individual components since 4.8.0? I guess what confused me
> was that some components already had 4.8.1 versions in there.

As far as I am concerned, there will be no 4.8.1. There wasn't even a
4.8.0. It was called 4.8 and it's more or less a virtual version number
as the different components may have completely different numbers.

So, there's Xfce 4.Xpre1, 4.Xpre2, 4.Xpre3 and 4.X. And that's it.

You can think of those releases as stable snapshots that mean something
in the development/release process (like pre1 means feature freeze,
pre2 means string freeze, pre3 means code freeze and the final
release means: we're done).

  - Jannis