Crashes with 4.8.x

john at jcoppens.com john at jcoppens.com
Sat Feb 5 16:08:22 CET 2011

Dear Yves,

This is the 4th time I try to answer. I can only use textmode to navigate,
so my apoligies for writing the minimum possible. The requested info:

Machine is x86_64 (older 2 core processor)
Distro is Slackware 13.1, some parts update from Slackware-current, and
GTK and glib compiled to versions mentioned in the previous mail.
I installed XFCE from the fat tarball from xfce.org. I updated the
parts which were announced to have improved versions.

The symbol mentioned (g_desktop_app_info_lookup_get_type) was apparently
removed from gui.types on Oct 17, by a William Jon McCann. Sorry I can't
include the link. It's the first item that comes up when googling for
the symbol alone. A few items lower in the google result, another patch
appears to be removing that part.

I'd appreciate suggestions how to continue... Hope this goes out correctly.

John