xfce4-notes woes

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 07:06:00 CET 2011

2011/2/4 Duke Normandin <dukeofperl at ml1.net>:
> On Fri, 4 Feb 2011, Mike Massonnet wrote:

>> > I followed your directions. i got the message window:
>> >
>> > Notification Area
>> > There is already a notification area running on this screen.
>> >
>> > Then another window saying:
>> >
>> > Could not open "systray" module
>> >
>> > I hosed something; somewhere! :)
>>
>> Can you post a screenshot of your desktop?
>>
>> On imageshack.us for example.
>
> http://profile.imageshack.us/user/dukesterr/
>
> HTH! Please! Just ask if I can be of further service.

Looks like your notification area is somewhere in the top right
corner, next to the weather.

Can you try putting the xfce notes plugin in the panel (so the plugin
for the panel) instead of running xfce notes from the applications
menu (kill running xfce4-notes processes)? Does a button appear at all
in the panel?

If another Xubuntu could reproduce the problem it would be easier ;)

Kind Regards
--
Mike