Small bit of functionality lost in 4.8 upgrade?

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Thu Feb 3 22:32:58 CET 2011

There's a nice (but minor) bit of functionality in XFCE 4.6 that I used
to use a lot, but which doesn't seem to have made it into 4.8.

It used to be that in the "window buttons" panel at the bottom of the
screen, you could drag and drop the window buttons in order to manually
change the order they appear in the panel.  This no longer seems to be
functional in 4.8.

I do see that if you go into the Window Buttons "properties" tab there
is now an option to change the window buttons "sorting order".  I have
mine set to "timestamp", which is almost want I want.  But what I'd
really like is to be able to have the order be timestamp by default, but
that I can change the order manually by dragging buttons around on the
panel.

Is there any way to accomplish this behavior in 4.8?  Was this an
oversight?  A bug?  Intentional?  Is there any workaround?  Should I
file a bug report on this?

Thanks,

DR