xfce4-notes woes

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Thu Feb 3 20:56:18 CET 2011

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011, Mike Massonnet wrote:

> 2011/2/3 Duke Normandin <dukeofperl at ml1.net>:
> > I had 3 instances of notes running, so I nuked them all. Then I
> > "removed", "purged", and "installed" again. I do a:
> >
> > Applications/Accessories/Notes
> >
> > and Notes _is_ running:
> >
> > dnormandin at select-man:~/Programming/Raven/manual$
> > ps ax|grep notes
> >  6418 ?        Rs     0:08 xfce4-notes
> >  6424 pts/1    S+     0:00 grep --color=auto notes
> >
> > But I don't see any evidence of it anywhere. Is there a "hot key" to
> > bring them up? Before, there was an icon in the Panel.
>
> The plugin is provided with two "interfaces", one where the icon shows
> in the notification area. This is what you get when you run

What is the "notification area"? I don't know where that is!

> xfce4-notes, so check this area. The other one is the panel plugin,
> for this right click the panel > add item and select the notes plugin.

The panel plugin is what I use to have working. I can't get that puppy
to show it's face - no way; no how! :)

I just looked at Synaptic Package Manager. I have:

xfce4-notes-plugin 1.7.6-1build1
xfce4-notes 1.7.6-1build1
xfce4-goodies 4.6.1.1

Seems like everything that should be there, is! This is no big deal
for me though, so please don't waste your time. I can simply install
another notes app if need be. I did like xfce4-notes though! :) Much
obliged for your time!
--
Duke