xfce4-notes woes

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Thu Feb 3 19:23:23 CET 2011

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011, Mike Massonnet wrote:

> 2011/2/2 Duke Normandin <dukeofperl at ml1.net>:
> > I'm running Xubuntu 10.10
> > Xfce 4 Desktop Environment
> > version 4.6.2 (Xfce 4.6)
> >
> > xfce4-notes quit working for some yet unknown reason:
> >
> > I tried manually and got:
> >
> > [quote]
> > (xfce4-notes:1876): Unique-DBus-WARNING **: Error while sending
> > message: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
> > application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
> > blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network
> > connection was broken.
> > [/quote]
>
> Make sure the notes plugin is not running (xfce4-notes or libnotes):
> ps ax|grep notes
>
> If it is kill the process and try running xfce4-notes again.

I had 3 instances of notes running, so I nuked them all. Then I
"removed", "purged", and "installed" again. I do a:

Applications/Accessories/Notes

and Notes _is_ running:

dnormandin at select-man:~/Programming/Raven/manual$
ps ax|grep notes
 6418 ?        Rs     0:08 xfce4-notes
 6424 pts/1    S+     0:00 grep --color=auto notes

But I don't see any evidence of it anywhere. Is there a "hot key" to
bring them up? Before, there was an icon in the Panel.
--
Duke