Is there any chance of extending xfburn to have "Media Info" like k3b?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Fri Dec 23 17:51:40 CET 2011

I'm trying to avoid adding any KDE applications to my xubuntu 11.10
system, it seems sometimes that adding all those KDE libraries and
configuration utilities isn't a good idea.

However I would really like something like the k3b Device->Media Info
menu so that I can put an unmarked/unknown disk into the drive an be
told what sort of disk it is.

Is there any chance that this could be added to xfburn - i.e. is the
information already there inside the program and all that's needed is a
way to get at it?  Alternatively are there any command line utilities
that can show the same sort of information?

--
Chris Green