Wasted space at bottom of terminal windows

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu Dec 22 14:35:19 CET 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 02:08:12PM +0100, Mike Massonnet wrote:
>    Hi,
>
>    Le 22 dec. 2011 13:32, "Chris Green" <[1]cl at isbd.net> a ecrit :
>    >
>    > Since I upgraded to xubuntu 11.10 I seem to have gained some wasted
>    > space at the bottom of all my terminal windows.  I'm running "Terminal
>    > 0.4.8".
>    >
>    > The wasted space seems to be a whole line at the bottom of the window,
>    > the scroll bar stops early too.  At the bottom, below the scroll bar, is
>    > a little triangle in the corner of the window with 'pimples' on it, the
>    > whole width of the window adjacent to this is unused.
>    >
>    > Can I turn this 'extra' off somehow?
>
>    It sounds like `a theming issue. Can you try with `a different GTK and
>    Xfwm theme?

Changing theme doesn't have any effect on this.  Themes with a thick,
obvious frame just show what a big gap there is at the bottom of the
screen (between the last used line of text and the frame that is).

For example I'm running mutt at the moment whichputs a status line on
the last line of the window.  The status line is dark and there's a
whole line of light/background below it.

Hmm, I've just noticed an adjacent window is acting differently! Let me
exit and restart the system and see if anything has got sorted out.

--
Chris Green