"Defaults" button in every settings screen

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Sun Dec 11 21:23:50 CET 2011

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Jarkko Sakkinen
<jarkko.sakkinen at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Jarkko Sakkinen
> <jarkko.sakkinen at iki.fi> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Andrzej <ndrwrdck at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> I agree, this has bit me several times already. It's way too easy, for
>>> example, to wipe out the whole list of plugins in the panel.
>>>
>>> Personally, I'd love to have some sort of load/save mechanism (with the
>>> "default" setup being on the list of profiles to load). This way we could
>>> even ship multiple preconfigured profiles for different use cases.
>>
>> This would work too and would be more flexible than what they
>> have in KDE. Distribution defaults could be then one of the
>> profiles.
>>
>> /Jarkko
>
> And (after reading other mails in the thread) this would make the
> distribution defaults visible to the user if they were just one profile
> among the others.

Well, this sums up my ideas for the profile-manager. - Making it a
more more fool-proof settingsmanager.

Would you guys like to add stuff you find missing on
https://wiki.xfce.org/design/profile-manager under the proposals
section? -- then we can discuss it and create a more complete design
at the top of that page.

Kind regards,
Stephan