xfdesktop in a cron job

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Sun Dec 11 18:16:43 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 02:32:05AM +0100, TRINH Minh Hieu wrote:
> I also have OpenSuse 12.1 installed. I confirm that :
> DISPLAY=:0.0 xfdesktop --reload
>
> "worked". There is no error message but the wallpaper don't change. Because
> "xfdesktop --reload" don't seems to not re-read the configuration file.

OK. Good to know. The fact that the wallpapers did not change is normal as
there are no changes in the wallpaper settings.

> With Xfce 4.8, use "xfconf-query". I tried this in cron and it works :
> DISPLAY=:0.0 xfconf-query -c xfce4-desktop -p /backdrop/screen0/monitor0/
> image-path -s /home/mhtrinh/myconf/vladstudio_infinity_1_gold_1366x768.jpg

Also does not seem to work. As was sugested, I am apparently unable to get
the correct connection from cron for GUI. :-/

houghi
--
This is written under the inluence of the following: