Problem with power manager and shortcuts.

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Fri Dec 2 14:59:47 CET 2011

On ven., 2011-12-02 at 14:14 +0100, Paul Isambert wrote:
> >> 2. The power button doesn't respond, even though I've set it to "ask"
> >> with the power manager.
> > Same as above, we'll se if the power button is correctly detected.
> >> 3. My keyboard shortcuts are erratic: sometimes they work on startup,
> >> sometimes they don't (all of them use the Windows key, i.e.<Super>).
> > If you try to bind some without this key, do they work reliably?
>
> They don't seem so, no. I'm not sure if that's a sound observation, but
> it seems to me they fail when they involve the "a" and "z" keys (and
> perhaps others). Also, after rebooting they don't work, but I've just
> noticed that if I close the session and reopen it, they work again.

That definitely look like a keyboard layout issue. I assume you're
french and use an azerty layout. Could you try to bind your 'a'
shortcuts twice, once using 'a' and one using 'q'? Do the same for 'z'
and 'w' and check back. I bet it'll work and you're bitten by a layout
change at one point. Gtk+ can't cope with that (though I think xfwm4
shouldn't be harmed by that).

Check in the keyboard properties, layout tab, and tell us what's there.

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis