Problem with power manager and shortcuts.

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Fri Dec 2 14:14:03 CET 2011

Le 02/12/2011 13:37, Yves-Alexis Perez a écrit :
> On ven., 2011-12-02 at 10:35 +0100, Paul Isambert wrote:
>> 1. I've set xfce4-power-manager to sleep when the lid is closed, both
>> when on AC or battery. The problem is that it doesn't work.
> Meaning it just does nothing?

Yes.

>   What if you manually trigger the suspend
> (right click on XFPM icon, then suspend).

That works.

>> Strangely, though, if I close the lid when on AC (resp. battery), reopen
>> it and go on battery (resp. AC), the computer goes to sleep, and
>> restarts immediately since the lid is open.
>> I've removed gnome-power-manager, but to no avail.
> Could you post the ouput of running xfce4-power-manager --debug from
> commandline (you'll need to quit it first).

See attached file.

>> 2. The power button doesn't respond, even though I've set it to "ask"
>> with the power manager.
> Same as above, we'll se if the power button is correctly detected.
>> 3. My keyboard shortcuts are erratic: sometimes they work on startup,
>> sometimes they don't (all of them use the Windows key, i.e.<Super>).
> If you try to bind some without this key, do they work reliably?

They don't seem so, no. I'm not sure if that's a sound observation, but
it seems to me they fail when they involve the "a" and "z" keys (and
perhaps others). Also, after rebooting they don't work, but I've just
noticed that if I close the session and reopen it, they work again.

>> This happens with shortcuts defined in both the Keyboard settings and
>> the Windows Manager. Resetting them fixes the problem, but of course
>> that's no solution.
> Do you use multiple keyboard layouts?

If that means having done anything with xfce4-xkb-plugin, the answer is no.

Thank you,
Paul