Problem with power manager and shortcuts.

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Fri Dec 2 10:35:13 CET 2011

Hello there,

I have Xfce 4.8 installed with Debian wheezy, and I have the following
three problems:

1. I've set xfce4-power-manager to sleep when the lid is closed, both
when on AC or battery. The problem is that it doesn't work.
Strangely, though, if I close the lid when on AC (resp. battery), reopen
it and go on battery (resp. AC), the computer goes to sleep, and
restarts immediately since the lid is open.
I've removed gnome-power-manager, but to no avail.

2. The power button doesn't respond, even though I've set it to "ask"
with the power manager.

3. My keyboard shortcuts are erratic: sometimes they work on startup,
sometimes they don't (all of them use the Windows key, i.e. <Super>).
This happens with shortcuts defined in both the Keyboard settings and
the Windows Manager. Resetting them fixes the problem, but of course
that's no solution.

Best,
Paul