Terminal not launching with different config files

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Tue Aug 30 19:43:30 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 07:58:00PM -0500, Dennis Gutowski wrote:
> I don't understand. Do you want to initiate a root terminal. If not I don't get
> what you are trying to do... are you running xfce terminal with several tabs,
> and want to know which one you made root with su or sudo? Please provide more
> detail...

Due to the confused quoting and lack of snippping, I am not sure who you
adress the question to, so I (perfectly wrongly) am just answering as if
it was directed to me.

What I am trying to do is have three terminals next to each other. A
sample here: http://houghi.eu/s/1OF0YWF.png. There are no borers, menu's
or tabs and I want them to be the lowest, so any other (including other
terminals) need to go on top of them.

One of the three needs to be in a different color. The reason for this is
that I have the same sized three terminals on another Workspace. And even
though I have the prompt in another color, it is still better to have the
whole terminal in another color. It will also always be the same terminal
that is root.

As I do a lot of editing and playing around with the system, having one
specific for root makes me make less errors then doing su each time and
is less cumbersome then doing sudo each time. Yes, I am fully aware of the
dangers of having a terminal with root and that is why I want it to be
clear that that ones IS root.

So:
Different terminals? Check!
Placed terminals? Check!
Remove clutter? Check!
Lower then others? Check! (Using Devilspie.)
One a differnt color? No. At least when I posted. The solution was given
as using --disable-server as an option.

houghi
--
Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such
hilarious visions clamber Through the chambers of my brain -- Quaintest