Xubuntu-10.04 Torqued

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 23 01:08:04 CEST 2011

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> No need to log in as root to delete a *user's* config.

Christopher,

   That's how I maintain her system.

>> rm -r ~username/.cache
>> rm -r ~username/.config
>
> This is pretty invasive and will delete a *lot* of preferences. Only
> remove the xfce4-session prefs with
>
> rm -rf ~/.config/xfce4-session/ ~/.cache/sessions/

> Best is to do this from a console while you are not logged in Xfce.

   I'll try the latter first. If there's still no window manage or workspaces
on the panel I'll let her start over again. More carefully this time, I
hope.

   She's been running Xfce on Slackware and Xubuntu for several years so she
knows how to use it. But, ... sometimes she doesn't pay attention when
making everything 'pretty.' Sigh.

Thanks,

Rich