New features in Rodent Gamma

Harold Aling xfce at sait.nl
Tue Aug 9 14:55:31 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 17:45, Edscott Wilson Garcia <edscott at xfce.org> wrote:
> Anyways, the next step in the xftree evolution, Rodent Gamma, is almost
> here. This includes several important new features, along with bug fixes
> and code optimizations. Among the new features you will find:

Edscott,

I just built myself a Rodent (r4945) and though I really see
potential, there are some quirks that will prevent Rodent from
becoming my main filemanager.

* GVFS support(!)
* Other iconset than the rest of my system?
* Colors that aren't present in my theme? (green hover?)
* Megabytes/mebibyte/etc. What standard is used? Why is a file in
Rodent 15MB -vs- 16MB in bash/ls? Note: 1 megabyte(MB) equals 1000
kilobytes (KB) and 1 mebibyte (MiB) equals 1024 kibibytes (KiB)
* Set zoom level with ctrl-mousewheel
* global zoom level
* And then there are a few other things, but I guess they will be
dealt with over time...

Overall, I'm quite impressed, but not yet convinced...

Cheers!

Harold