Window placement off-screen

Michael Orlitzky michael at orlitzky.com
Fri Apr 29 02:11:13 CEST 2011

On 04/28/2011 06:07 PM, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On jeu., 2011-04-28 at 14:04 -0400, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
>>
>> When one of those conditions are true, it will look up placement_mode
>> and then defer to either mousePlacement or centerPlacement. In all other
>> cases, smartPlacement gets used regardless.
>
> You can set smart placement size trigger to the minimum.

I was just about to claim that this wasn't working for me, but then I
re-read the description. I skimmed it and thought the slider was the
minimum size required to do the action selected, i.e. center or mouse.
If you want to avoid the smart placement, you have to set the slider to
the max.

The top-left placement isn't a big deal any more, with the KEEP_VISIBLE
patch applied I'm happy.