installed gvfs, still no trash can

walter tallent w41t3r at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 22:09:32 CEST 2011

Yes indeed.  Thunar is running as a daemon.  gfvsd is not, is it supposed to be?
Incidentally, thunar doesn't dynamically mount my usb disks or cdrom either.  I
don't know if that is related to the trash issue or not.  I have udev and
libgudev, but not HAL installed.

Also, I discovered that I have an empty ~/.Trash-walter folder (walter being my
user name) in addition to the ~/.local/share/trash/* folders.  The
~/.local/share tree catches all the deleted files.  Is ~/.Trash-walter supposed
to be the dir being used?  It seems like this one was made by my recent gvfs
install.
thanks
walter