Shutdown not working.

Peter Bonucci peter.bonucci at verizon.net
Tue Apr 19 23:41:37 CEST 2011

On Friday, April 15, 2011 05:49:17 am John Culleton wrote:
> New installation of Slackware Linux 13.1.
>
> When I click on shutdown it just stalls. I have to hotkey to a console
> session and do the three finger salute.
>
> KDE however will shut down without difficulty from the gui screen.

I have a similar problem.

When I click on the XFCE menu | Log Out | Shutdown the computer stalls for
about one minute before XFCE shuts down.

"top" doesn't show any memory or CPU hogs.

If I try to shut down XCFE again, I get the message:

"Failed to receive a reply from the session manager
Session manager must be in idle state when requesting a shutdown"

Any ideas?

Peter Bonucci