RPMS and RHEL 6?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Apr 9 18:45:13 CEST 2011

On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 09:40:21 -0700
Todd And Margo Chester <toddandmargo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Apparently Xfce RPMs for Scientific Linux 6 (Red Hat Enterprise
> Linux 6 Clone)  are a long ways out.  CentOS 6 does not look like it
> will ever appear.
>
> Are there RPMS available in RHEL's repos?  (Need a URL.)

no. RHEL does not ship Xfce.

> Anyone know what the RPM story is on Enterprise Linux 6?  Are
> we looking at a really, really long wait?

Its on my list to add to EPEL. ;)
I had a mostly find 4.6 stack going, but I want to see if I can get 4.8
in since it will stay that version for years. ;)

> Will Fedora 14's RPMs work?

Nope.

I suppose if you were desperate you could pick the packages out of the
Fedora build system you need.
For example:
is the el6 xfdesktop package. You would need to find all the various
other ones and download and install them all at once.

> Many thanks,
> -T

kevin