ANNOUNCE: Rodent Beta released today

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Fri Apr 1 09:19:06 CEST 2011

Hello guys,

I'm pleased to announce the release of Rodent Beta, version 4.6.2.

Rodent Beta now sports a brand new "rodent-diff" helper application
(replacing aging xfdiff). With the new rodent-diff, practically all
the options of the GNU diff program are available in a graphic front end.

For creation of such a powerful backend to rodent-diff, we are grateful
to:
  * Paul Eggert
  * Mike Haertel
  * David  Hayes
  * Richard  Stallman
  * Len Tower

If you have trouble compiling from source, please see the Notes section
located in the README file. A binary .deb file (32 bit, compiled on Ubuntu
10.04) is available for this release.

Translations are now active for many languages.

What is Rodent?
===============

Rodent is fast, small and powerful file manager for the GNU operating
system
(but it also works in BSD). That's one way to look at it. Another way is
to call it a graphic shell (that's probably more accurate).

What Rodent is not?

Rodent is *not* a filemanager for dummies. Emphasis is on ease of use for
the
advanced user, not the computer illiterate. Rodent is a cross between a
command line terminal and an iconview filemanager: the centaur of open
source filemanagers.

Download site: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=70875
(or just look up "rodent filemanager" at sourceforge.net).

Enjoy!