NetworkManager-gnome 0.7 and APN (Opensuse 11.2)

Al Bogner xfce at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc
Mon Sep 27 16:54:11 CEST 2010

Am Mo, 27 Sep 2010 10:58:25 CEST schrieb Al Bogner:

> Because of problems with X with my netbook, I had to go back to
> opensuse 11.2 from 11.3, where mobile broadband worked already.
> I can't get NetworkManager-gnome 0.7 work with mobile broadband (UMTS)
> and I think the problem is, that I have to enter the access point name
> somewhere, but I don't find it. LAN and WLAN work fine.

I found out, that there is a bug with
NetworkManager-gnome-0.7.1-5.5.1.i586 (Opensuse 11.2). This version has
_no_ APN-field with UMTS, but with GSM. It is solved with a newer
NetworkManager-gnome which is not available for Opensuse 11.2, but with
11.3, which has a X-problem. A hard decision, which experimental
versions I use.

Al