Xfce support for encrypted volumes?

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 10:05:50 CEST 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 12:44 AM, Auke Kok <auke at foo-projects.org> wrote:
> On 09/11/2010 03:33 PM, Liviu Andronic wrote:
>> It seems that Gigolo can handle these.
>
> perhaps adding the mount option 'user' helps ? thunar won't be able to mount
> partitions that are not mountable by the end user.

But where should one put it?

As it is (without the option), upon connecting the LUKS-encrypted
device, Gigolo first issues a
'Failed to mount "misc". You are not privileged to mount the volume "misc".'

but subsequently, upon clicking 'Open selected with file manager'
opens the encrypted partition just fine. Notwithstanding the initial
error message, the partition gets mounted.

The only issue remaining is that I have no privileges to modify
contents on the partition; it's read-only for user. Where should
'user' option go? If I put a
/dev/mapper/misc /media/misc ext2 defaults,users,noauto 0 0

entry to fstab there will be a bogus entry in xfce4-mount-plugin and
in Gigolo. Please advise
Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?